Nittany Country Club first opened in 1895 as the Nittany Rod & Gun Club. Situated at the base of the mountain near the old Hecla Furnace, club members and guests were drawn to the natural trout streams, and a vast quail preserve. According to a Forest and Stream publication noting the grand opening of the original clubhouse in 1897, two hunters bagged 20 quail in half an hour just a half-mile from the building that inaugural day.
The original clubhouse was destroyed by fire, and there's no longer a quail preserve, but the majesty of the the landscape endures. One might even say that folks at Nittany are still "hunting for birdies" 120 years since the club was founded. But beware: postage-stamp greens will offer some great challenges to keeping those low numbers on your scorecard.
The Golf Course
Nine holes with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. This historic course is set away from sounds of industry and traffic. It's a serene setting. But don't just take our word for it – come see for yourself.
Our facility offers great dining experiences, meeting spaces, locker rooms and a well-stocked pro shop.
The building plays host to company gatherings, wedding receptions, class reunions and celebrations year round.